Mak n' Me

Monday, September 25, 2006

Preggers


My entire pregnancy was fairly uneventful. The first 17 weeks were hell … I was sooooo sick … but once I got past that point it was all good. I was in San Francisco at the end of December for the Emerald Bowl when I first thought I was pregnant. I was bloated, ate like a horse, and couldn’t stay awake for the life of me. I never really ate too much or had any major cravings except in that first month or so. Usually you think of a big ol’ belly when you think of a pregnant woman woofing down a truckload of food but that isn’t necessarily the case … at least not with me. I wasn’t even visibly pregnant when I was the most hungry and miserable. So, to everyone who didn’t know my “condition” they must have just thought something was majorly wrong with me. You get no sympathy in the beginning when you need it most because no one can tell for months that you are actually growing a person.
When I got home from SF I decided to take a test; it was on New Year’s Eve day and I figured I’d better find out before a night of partying ;) I had taken many tests prior because I am a paranoid person and practically every month I swore I was pregnant if my period was even 5 minutes late … but this time I felt different. I was at my parent’s house and no one was home except my mom and she was in her room so I was alone for the most part. I took the test and saw two lines … “Oh my god, it’s positive! Is it? I don’t know what positive looks like …” I ran to my mom with the test and she had mixed emotions but mostly excited confusion like me. We were so shocked at the thought of a positive result that it couldn’t possibly be accurate. We scrambled to the phone to call the 800 number on the box and play 20 questions with the hotline nurse. She tried to convince me there was a 99% chance I was pregnant but I ran to Rite-Aid to buy a couple more tests just to be sure. Three strikes … I was knocked up … well, that makes it sound like a bad thing … I was soooooo excited! I made about a million phone calls … and so began a long, hot nine months (of course I was pregnant during a record breaking heat wave)!

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Lara said...

first comment - whoo hoo! welcome to the blogosphere, hon. :) and yay for getting updates on you and miki! :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home